Cashmere, like wine, can improve with age but requires the right care and attention. If you treat your cashmere with love, your KABLECo cashmere will love you back for many, many years.
Our Cashmere Care Set can help you extend the life of all your knitwear - comprises Cotton Storage Bag, Cashmere Comb & Mothballs.
- Turn your garment inside out
- Handwashing with cool water (30 degrees)
- Use a gently detergent – we use Woolite or baby shampoo
- Don’t scrub or you will damage the fibers, gently massage like you would your hair with shampoo.
- Leave to soak for 30 mins.
- Squeeze to remove excess water, do not wring
- Lay flat on a towel, roll it up and gently squeeze
- Dry on a flat surface, we use our suspended ceiling drying rack (our is a sheila’s maid – see pic beside)
- Avoid direct sunlight
- Use a cool iron (baby cashmere may need a warmer iron)
- Do not use steam
- Use your KABLECo cashmere comb to gentle gather pills away
We recommend folding, not hanging your cashmere, as it can stretch and loose its shape.
We also recommend storing it away for summer if you are not going to use it, in organic cotton or calico bags.
CASHMERE CARE KIT - buy your cashmere care set here